Saturday, April 14, 2007

Updates to website

Okay, so I haven't done any writing yet today. I knew this was going to happen. I've spent most of the day working on tweaking little things about the blog and website, and working on my Author Bio page, which is now up. Also, I finally have a better author photo now--that's on the new Bio page. My wife is an excellent photographer (these are her photos on each of the sidebars), and we had a photo session in the woods near our house today (I'm a woods kind of guy).

I put a lot of time into this Author Bio, and consequently it is a lot longer than I had been anticipating. But I've had a pretty unusual life thus far, so hopefully someone finds it interesting. Regular readers of my blog are already familiar with basically everything in my "Novelist" section of the Bio, but there are some things in the "Software Developer" section that might surprise you. Such as: I got engaged to my wife when we were both still in high school. Also, my road to my present job as lead developer at Starta Development was pretty nonstandard. Anyone else have any strange life stories that you'd like to share?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sharing any strange life stories right now (maybe another time ;)), but just wanted to say how cool I think your new-look blog is. I love it! The website is off to a good start too. It all looks very clean and simple, but also slick and professional (though I guess that makes sense considering your work). Good job!

Christopher M. Park said...

Thanks Karen! I'm glad you like the new design. Thanks for being the first one to comment on it!

Colleen said...

Wow! Being away from the Internet for a week has brought a lot of changes. I love the look of your blog and new website. I think the status info at the bottom of each novel intro is clever. Your wife is a terrific photographer. I love the path through the woods. Congrats!

Christopher M. Park said...

Thanks Colleen! I had a lot of fun making the website, truth be told. The photos that I used are ones that are part of my wife's portfolio--ones she feels like are her strongest. She takes thousands of pictures a year, so even her portfolio contains several hundred pictures!